Saturday, August 11, 2012
Finished sewing about 80% of the top portion. I did my first fitting tonight - I am very happy with the result.
Fit notes -
1, I think I *may* have stretched out the front armhole when I was sewing the dbl fold binding on.... I may need to add a armhole dart to tighten things up. It looks way icky right now.
2, Need two shoulder pads under the gold wings to prop it up. Right now, it is resting on my natural shoulders.
3, Over lock the black top collar to the red bodice. Trim off about 3/8" from the neck side -need to show more cleavage. :)
The more I studied the wizard concept art the more details I've found - There is the armpit beads, the gold chains, the braided rope that defies gravity, and the leather side panel.... oh yea - there is that! Gotta stay as accurate as possible! ;) Here is the side leather panel earlier in the evening.